Click to Home

Go To Search
Rental Standards
Minimum Standards for Rental Properties
Minimum standards of rental properties have been adopted to protect the public health, safety and general welfare of the residents of the City of Coffeyville regarding rental properties.

All landlords who rent residential property are required to obtain a landlord occupation license.  These licenses are issued on a calendar year expiring December 31 of each year.  The annual fee is $50 plus $2 for each unit owned. 

Ordinance No. G-18-02
Ordinance No. G-18-02, download a copy below, establishes the license requirement, standards and inspections required.

Ordinance No. G-18-02

Housing Quality Standards General Requirements
Rental property shall conform to the requirements of the Housing Quality Standards (HQS).  At least annually, it is the responsibility of the owner of rental property to conduct inspections of rental units to determine compliance with the HQS.  Inspections may be completed by the owner or by contract personnel. 

Housing Quality Standards

Landlord Occupation License
A landlord occupation license is obtained through the City Clerk's office at City Hall, 102 W. 7th.  The fee is $50 plus $2 per rental unit annually.  To obtain a license, fill out the application form (download copy below) including a list of all rental properties.  This information can be delivered to the City Clerk's office or mailed to  P. O. Box 1629, Coffeyville, KS  67337

All properties licensed prior to July 1, 2018, will not require an inspection.  All properties not licensed by July 1, 2018, and all properties added to a license after July 1, 2018, will require an initial inspection.

Landlord license application - application in process