Neighborhood Dumpster Program
How does the program work?
Once a year, residents, volunteer groups and neighborhood associations may schedule dumpsters for neighborhood cleanup projects for their neighborhood. Dumpsters are not automatically scheduled for neighborhoods each year. A request for a dumpster shall be made by the owner or occupant (verified by utilities) at least one week in advance of the desired cleanup date. The dumpster is delivered on Friday and picked up on Monday. Neighborhoods must advertise the cleanup project throughout the neighborhood, fill out addresses and get signatures on the provided form of those utilizing the dumpster and collect the debris and load it into the dumpster.
Dumpster Request Forms
Dumpster requests are accepted as long as the weather permits.
To participate in the Neighborhood Dumpster Program, please fill out a dumpster request form. The dumpster request forms (PDF) are also available at the following locations:
- Code Enforcement Office, 102 W 7th Street, 2nd Floor
Once a request form is filled out, return it to the Code Enforcement Office. The person making the reservation will be contacted to confirm the drop off date and location. The resident making the reservation is responsible for distributing 30 flyers to the neighborhood homes around the area where the dumpsters will be located.
Guidelines for Dumpster Use
Dumpsters are for residential use only. Contractors or construction sites are not eligible to use the neighborhood dumpsters.
- No hazardous waste
- No tires
- No rocks, dirt, concrete, blocks, bricks
- No household garbage; use normal trash service for garbage pick up
- No mattresses; use bulky waste pick up to dispose of mattresses
- No clothes; use bulky waste pick up to dispose of clothes
- Do not pile debris above sidewalls of the dumpster
- Do not leave debris beside dumpster; it must be placed in the dumpster
For More Information
Contact the Code Enforcement Office, 620-252-6149.